By Joie Charles
“I am too busy.”
“I do not have the time.”
“It’s too hard.”
These are the sentences we say whenever we are asked why we do not exercise. Well, in a world where each minute counts, it really is such a shame ti waste a 20 minute drive to the nearest gym when you can be using that to earn money or spend time with your family.
This is why home fitness machines are getting more and more popular each day. They provide an easy way for us to get in shape and at the same time, offer a better living lifestyle.
If you are serious in getting a home fitness equipment, you may want to consider the Schwinn 418 Elliptical Trainer. This machine was tagged as the best home equipment in 2005 and even though that may be some years back, it is still a pretty decent machine.
Here are some details of the Schwinn 418 Elliptical Trainer.
• In terms of stride, although the current Sole e35 may have a longer stride of 20 inches, the Schwinn 418 Elliptical Trainer can still compare at an 18 inch stride. Besides, if you have a petite frame, you may not need a too long stride.
• For its resistance, it has 8 resistance levels, making it suitable both for those just coming out of the exercise-less rut and for those who have been seriously training for quite some time. It is also very convenient to change your resistance level as it is done electronically, without breaking your stride. No need to get off and adjust belts for this machine.
• If you are a fan of change, then the 12 programs of the Schwinn 418 Elliptical Trainer will truly help you exercise. It has 12 different work out programs like manual, one fitness test, rolling, valley, 2 heart rate, fat burn, mountain, intervals, ramp, random, plateau among others. This will keep your work out interesting and break any monotony that can lead to boredom, then laziness.
• Heart rate can be monitored either through the hand grips or you can strap on a chest strap. This may not be as “cool” as a telemetric wireless heart rate checker but it can still perform its task of approximating your heart rate.
• It has a great warranty deal for the frame of 15 years although you can only get 6 months of free labor on it.
• They say that the more you see your progress, the more pumped up you become in your exercise. Fortunately, the Schwinn 418 Elliptical Trainer has a built in LED monitor that will give you data on your progress like the number of cals burned, the time, heart rate, rpm’s, speed and even resistance level.
• The machine also has a handy bottle holder to hold your energy drink or your water while you exercise.
Bottom line is the Schwinn 418 Elliptical Trainer may no longer be the best home fitness equipment out there, but for its price, it works decent. Best of all, it serves its basic purpose.
About the Author: To get information about another Schwinn machine, visit our Schwinn 438 elliptical trainer review. If you want to get the best information about ellipticals, visit our elliptical fitness equipment guide.
Permanent Link: http://www.isnare.com/?aid=323412&ca=Wellness%2C+Fitness+and+Diet
Read this article: A Complete Review on the Schwinn 418 Elliptical Trainer
Incoming search terms:
- schwinn elliptical 418